Having left our native lands, we embarked on an adventure in a new world; a world full of sun, family fun, peaceful dwellings, and endless possibilities.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

30 Days of Lists - Sep 8

Things That Remind Me of My Childhood...

** Boats on a lake - that was how we spent every summer, the early morning drive up to the lake and spending the whole day hanging out in the boat.

** Pea gravel - ya, it's weird, but in the first house that I remember living in there was a pea gravel walkway and I recall spending hours trying to dig through those rocks looking for the agates

** Campgrounds - along with boating, our family vacations were camping - we went several places that I can remember and when we pass a campground today, I remember how much fun we had

** Barbie Swimming Pool - this had to be the most expensive toy I was ever given for a birthday and for me not being a pink or Barbie kind of girl, I LOVED that thing - it even had a shower on the side you could pump water out of to rinse off the doll after playing in the dirty water

So many more little items will pop up on Pinterest or circulate in those "you know you grew up in the 90's emails."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.